"Peter replied, 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off-for all whom the Lord our God will call." Acts 2:38
Peter goes on to say one thing and I would say this TO ALL OF YOU! " Save yourselves from this corrupt generation!" This is a message throughout all the ages. Jesus Christ has never changed. There is no new idea and theories on the Christian life. All of these books professing the answer to the Christian life and the steps to success, and the way to peace. Jesus said, "I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE!" The only answer is Jesus. Period. Try all of your psychologies to get you somewhere. To quote the title of a book, it's more like, "Psycho Heresy". I might seem a little harsh today, but if you think I'm harsh maybe you haven't cracked that ol' Bible open in a while. Jesus was a name caller. "Brood of vipers, whitewashed tombs, unbelievers!" I say this all in love. I want you to know the fullness of what God has for you, and that is salvation through Christ and a filling of the Holy Spirit. So repent! Bow the knee and rend that heart like it says in Joel. Don't be deceived by the latest fad. Stand fast in the way of truth. Keep the faith in Jesus! I so plead with you not to be won of by every whim of the world but stand firm in the knowledge of Christ. Once you have tasted the goodness of God, how could you ever turn back?
When you come to Christ, you are dead and buried. The old person is gone and the new is here. Come to Christ! Come to the one! There is one message, one man, one way for all of time... through Jesus Christ. Paul pleaded that we all preach the one message, that of the saving oh so goodness of Jesus. I bet you're thinking, geez, how many more times is she going to say Jesus? I will never stop! So repent! Be filled with the Holy Sprirt!
I leave you with a request for prayer. "Pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you (the church) are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Thes 3:1-4
Remember: Repent! Be filled with the Holy Spirit! Keep the faith!
No comments:
Post a Comment