Sunday, May 1, 2011

Devotion Week

It is my turn to lead devotions this week so I thought it would be cool for all of you out there to follow along this. I will post my devo every day. Just to give you a run down, I get 30 minutes Monday-Friday. I will be giving everyone a sheet of paper and a bible. They will go off by themselves and pray. They will read all the scriptures I put on that paper and then answer a few questions and then we will talk at the end if we have time. Monday's devo is on "Who We Are Before/Without Christ". Here you go!

Who We Are (Before/Without Christ)
Pray. Ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit as you explore God’s word. We can’t do it without him.
Genesis 3:16-19
Hosea 3:1
(Every story in the Old Testament about humans messing up: Cain and Abel (Murder), Moses (murderer and anger issues), Noah (got drunk), Lot and his daughters(Daughters got him drunk and he slept with his daughters), Israelites in the dessert (complained about everything and didn’t trust God) Tower of Babel (pride),  Joseph’s brothers (sold Joseph), Judges 19 (woman is raped and dies, then is cut up), it goes on and on…  
Luke 18:13
Romans 5:8
1 Timothy 6:3-5
1 Timothy 1:8-10
John 8:3-7
Romans 3:23
Ephesians 2:1-5, 2:12
Romans 1:18-2:1
1 Corinthians 6: 9-11
Ecclesiastes 7:20

1.      List the things we are:




2.      Is there any place in the Bible where it says being good is good enough?

 Then we will end with talking about what everyone thinks of what they read. I'll be posting the devos the night before. Follow along and do one every day too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment