Thursday, June 21, 2012

Texas back to Illinois

Hey ya'll! Ok so things have been a bit crazy around here. I'm in Africa. I'm in Texas. I'm in Illinois. I've been living like a gypsy for the past month and it's finally over. I've settled back in my hometown of Watseka, IL. A lot of you are asking what the heck is going on because my family had moved to western Texas and I was planning to do the same. For me personally, it just wasn't what the Lord wanted for me. My family witnessed amazing things during their 4 months stay in Balmorhea, TX. A salvation, a healing and so on. What an awesome time to minister the gospel to the people there. Dad always said, "I would go for one soul because it's worth it." The Lord tested him and my family was faithful to back that statement up. So they are returning to IL to set up base camp and to be sent out from here. There are more missions trips in the works to continue preaching the gospel. As for me, I went to Waco to see if that was where I was supposed to be. I was in turmoil and felt cut off from the Lord. I called my parents the morning of my birthday not knowing what to do, because I needed to either go register my car and get a new license, officially becoming a Texan or I needed to get in my car and come back to Illinois before my license expired. We decided to pray and they would call me back. I turned in my bible to the story of Jacob when the Lord said to him, "Go back to the land of your fathers and to your relatives, and I will be with you." That seemed clear cut to me. So mom and dad called and also agreed I needed to come back. As soon as the decision was made and I started to pack, this extremely deep peace rested over me. It was amazing. So now I'm back in Illinois, job searching for something super close to my family and farm scheming with my dad. I already started building a 30 gallon indoor aquaponic system to grow herbs and lettuce in. Next things is boer goats and egg laying hens. Things are starting and I'm oh so excited! Hope this clears up any questions or confusion for family and friends. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. "For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints" (Ephesians 1:15-18).

    ReplyDelete