Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 23rd- Last Day!


Today we got up early and got on the YWAM boat going back to the mainland. Ben and Justin both left a lot of stuff at the base as a donation and gifted some of the SHIM staff. Julius now has Ben’s goofy fishing hat. Hilarious. We reached the mainland and were picked up by Pastor Bob and got us to his house for showers and relaxing and INTERNET!!! The guys and I then went into Ozzie’s to eat with Andy and Keeky. We talked about the week and told them stories of all that had happened. Then I took the guys to 2 shops which was torture. I hate shopping myself and then I’m with 2 guys, one of which does want something for his boys but they both hate shopping. Haha. So I took them to Mama O’s sister’s shop and then the Art Studio that I go to. Success. Thank God. The central market was on the next stop and they enjoyed walking through it. After that we took motorcycle taxi’s down to the source of the Nile.  As soon as we ride up there is a huge monitor lizard in the road and monkeys running around. It was awesome. We paid for our entrance and the guys started feeding the monkeys bananas. They were walking around our feet. It was awesome! We walked down to the water and hung out there just taking it in. I saw another monitor lizard and a huge snake. Justin and I walking across these old iron beams towards the middle past the “it is dangerous beyond this point” sign. I of course put my feet in the water… good idea? Probably not. Oh well, I still have both my feet. 

We headed back to the Peterson’s for a surprise birthday party for Keeky. The food was so good, the cake was even better and we played pin the tail on the donkey. Justin won. He got some Rolos for a victory prize. After that we all talked about the week the guys had and how awesome SHIM is. I was starting to feel sad knowing the minutes were running out and the guys were getting ready to leave. Their car came and I hugged them good bye and Justin called me sis which was pretty special. Thanks for that! I said good bye and sent them on their way! Now I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left here! Can’t wait to get home to my family but rather said to say good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment