Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 18th- Prayer in Kytonga


The next day we just took it easy in the morning and of course I was excited for the prayer meeting in Kytonga. Lunch came and went and all of a sudden as we were about to leave to head down to the village and it started storming and boy did it storm! And then it kept raining and kept raining and kept raining. Now here on the island, when it rains, everything shuts down. You don’t go anywhere and meetings are delayed. So hours passed and I was so sad because I knew it meant there would be no meeting since it was getting late, but then it stopped raining. It was almost 6 p.m. and any sane person would have just stayed. But I gathered up Ben and Justin and we made our way to kytonga. I just wanted to say hello at least and let them know we didn’t forget them and the rain just delayed us. Philip was really glad we came and he gathered a few ladies. We sang a song and prayed for a little bit and then said goodbye. Justin started talking pictures when we walked outside and that of course attracts every kid in the village. Haha. But I was so happy the kids delayed us because then Olivah came around the corner and I was so glad I didn’t miss her and she was so excited we were there. She came running when she saw us and greeted us with big hugs.
A little background on Olivah. She is only a few years old in her faith. She was pretty much the leader of the women in Kytonga village and hard to the gospel. She refused to listen. But then a few things happened, like the chairmen of the village who was also a witchdoctor was eaten by the croc and her house caught fire. She then accepted Christ when an evangelist team came to the village. Now she is the leader of the Christian women in the town. I know you’re not supposed to have favorites, but she is my favorite villager on the island. I just love being around her because her love for Jesus and her joy are so stinkin’ contagious! You can’t help but smile and laugh when you’re around her.
We came back to the compound and called it a night. Just sat and visited for a bit and then slept. It was always fun to hear Justin and Ben talk the next morning about their creature adventures in the middle of the night. We have a ton of wasps around but they are so docile and harmless. They just keep busy building their little mud houses on the walls. Ben was on edge because of them. Every time he saw one, he would have a knee-jerk reaction that would crack me up. Oh how fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment