I would like to dedicate this post to the only woman I would ever want to be like... my mother or should I say, Momma! Even though I am turning 25 soon I would and do proudly say I am the biggest momma's girl ever. It hasn't always been the easiest life but I wouldn't trade it for anything. What's in the past is in the past and who we are as a family now is so beautiful because it is a family hidden in Christ.
Most people gawk at my family's weird tendency to group together but that's because we just like each other a whole lot! Some people I would say are even jealous that we have a tight knit family.
Anyway... my mom. For a little bit it used to be just me and her. Robin and Rebecca.One of my favorite memories of being little is butterfly kisses. I used to beg my mom to give them to me and made her do it for the longest time. Her eyelashes would tickle my face and I couldn't have been any happier. I also remember just snuggling with my mom. Being a little ball wrapped in her arms with my head resting upon her chest with nothing but the sound of steady flow of breath and the thump of a heartbeat.
Even now as a grown adult when I hug my mom, I then place my ear against her chest, pause for a moment and say yep, you're still alive. Haha. I also always call my mom, Momma. I can't help it. And now, now to me she is something to be admired. And I don't mean admired in the sense that she is all great and wonderful, but in the sense that she is on her knees at the foot of the cross. No greater example can a mother give to her child then that. If I have a problem she pushes me right past herself and straight to Jesus. Pray, she tells me. Pray. She doesn't claim perfection, but the status of a redeemed sinner, proclaiming who Jesus is!
I'm happy that she married my dad. A guy who stayed by my bedside praying and reading scripture while I was extremely sick with malaria. A guy who got up at 5 am to sit and rub my back as I bawled my eyes out from the pain of having two dry sockets after wisdom teeth surgery. A guy who let's me cry on him when I have a broken heart. But this isn't about my dad, it's about mom.
Mom texted me today that there was a sale on carhartts and if I wanted some she would get a pair. I just appreciate the thought she gives me. I have talked to her every day since coming to the farm and wouldn't ever miss one day. Her and dad are the only people I could ever truly fully trust. I can always share if I'm upset here or when I call saying that's it! I'm coming home! I can't take another goat dying! Or I can't take any of the crazy stuff here! She tells me to stick it out and that this is the world. Thanks mom, whew, you stopped me from doing something crazy... again.
Wow, this ended up being really long. People are gonna think I love my mom or something. Can't have that. Haha. They say you can pick your friends, can't pick your family but if I could pick I would still choose my momma. Keep the faith mom. Keep those eyes on Jesus. I LOVE YOU!
All this to say, I think I'm homesick?
By the way, the title of this blog is mother in polish.
Mom texted me this picture when I was having a bad day. Needless to say I felt better afterward. Haha.
Also, prayer for a new season on the farm for me. Kidding season is over and I'm starting the fund raising process to go to Uganda for 3 months to work with a ministry. I know you're gonna pray Andrea! So there you go! And little Abi can pray for my baby goats. Haha.

No comments:
Post a Comment