Tonight was an epic night. After a board meeting this morning and doing various other tasks throughout the day, I decided I was in the mood for fish. Karin (produce intern) and I put our heads together and put together a downright delicious meal!
This is the finished product. Sliced tomatoes with olive oil, mozzarella, and basil. Mashed potatoes with rosemary. Green beans with salt. Tilapia.
Now let me explain how I made the tilapia so you can do it too! I first caught 3 fish out of my tank, obviously you can catch fish from your nearest fishing location or the store. I just cut their heads off right behind the side fin and then cut there belly open and cleaned them out. I then took the scales off and put them in cold water until ready to be cooked.
Then I chopped up some lemon balm, basil, and red basil from my hydrobed and mixed them into some butter. I used a stick for 3 fish. Then I put some of the butter right inside the fish and rubbed the outside. I used a cast iron skillet and put it on med high with the butter mixture in the pan. When it was super hot I placed the fish in it to seer it on both sides. I tossed some more basil in and then put it into the oven at 375. I let it bake in there until crispy and done.
Then I chopped up some cut celery and placed the fish on top of that and sprinkled some boxwood basil on top and served! It was so tender and delicious.
Karin and I invited Dolores, a new live-in volunteer from Africa, to eat with us since we had another fish. She ate the bones and everything! Haha. This was new to me. She got us to eat the fins of our fish but that's as far as I was going. She was just crunching away.
Also to drink, Karin made some lemon water with fresh basil leaves in it. So refreshing! There were only 4 things that did not come from the farm and that was salt, butter, olive oil, and the cheese! Impressive eh?
Now go! Make some fish!!!


Well done!
ReplyDelete