Monday, February 7, 2011

Room

Well, everyone. I moved again. Just down the hall this time. We just had an intern move out and so now I have my own room! I just moved what I could for tonight since I didn't stop working til after 8. It was a long day. Since the the dairy ceiling is falling down there was a lot to do. We took out the entire ceiling in the washing room and it looks like the bottling room is damaged as well after the broken pipe. I'm really praying that the inspector doesn't decide to pay us a visit before we get everything fixed! I'll have to do a blog soon about the process of milking. You might find it interesting how it's all done or maybe you just will never want milk again.

The new twin goats have been named. The black one is named Guy, in honor of Bronwyn leaving. The white one is named Jesse, in honor of Jessica leaving. Bronwyn wanted a goat named after her dad. So, thinking as highly as I do of Bronwyn, I gladly granted her request. I realized today that my life will be so crazy. Jess is officially away. I called her twice today. I think this having my own room thing will be great. This way I don't have to be around people all the time. I just just shut my door and not be bothered. This also means I'll be sleeping better because I can have my white noise back! I'm really excited about this part of it.

Something that is a real challenge to me is this other intern here on the farm. I think it is God's way of changing me to work along side the most frustrating African I have ever met. He challenges my patience pretty much once a day. The other day I had to train him on a livestock task and I had to pray before we started that the Lord would change me to be more patient and understanding and to have compassion and learn. It has been a real struggle. In such a short time it has already made me second guess my call to Africa. I thought, "Maybe I just can't handle the culture. Maybe I need to rethink where I need to go." There was my problem. I was thinking. God is obviously going to use this relationship to ready me for future things. I have already learned so much from it. Like, so what if it takes longer to discuss something, not like I'm going to die spending a few extra minutes explaining something. Thank God for grace. That's all I have left to say about that. I'll try to get a milking post up by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment