
"There have been many loads of corn rejected at the grain elevators or sold for salvage prices due to aflatoxin contamination. Why all the fuss about aflatoxin in corn? Aflatoxin can be toxic to all classes of livestock and to humans. Also, aflatoxin can appear in the meat, milk, and eggs of food animals that have consumed aflatoxin-contaminated feeds. The aflatoxin group consist of B1, B2, G1, and G2. Aflatoxin B1 is the most potent of the group and has been shown to be a potent carcinogen. Aflatoxin M1 is metabolic breakdown product of aflatoxin B1 and can appear in the milk of lactating cows consuming significant quantities of aflatoxin B1. Aflatoxin M1 is not as carcinogenic as B1 but can be as toxic. The conversion of aflatoxin B1 in feed to aflatoxin M1 in milk is about 1% to 2%. The FDA regulatory level of aflatoxin in milk is 0.5 ppb. All classes of livestock can be affected by aflatoxin but some are more susceptible than others. Poultry, turkeys and swine are more sensitive than beef and dairy cattle. Young animals in all species are more sensitive to the effects of aflatoxin than mature animals. Pregnant and growing animals are less susceptible than young animals, but are more sensitive to aflatoxin than mature non-pregnant animals. Even when fed at nonlethal levels, aflatoxin will reduce productive
efficiency and may increase the disease susceptibility of the animals. Aflatoxins have negative effects on most aspects of the animal’s metabolism and physiology; hence, diagnosis of aflatoxicosis per se difficult. As such, preventive detection in the feed is essential."(AgCenter)We do not want to feed our lactating animals or any of our animals anything more then 20 ppb (parts per billion). You can kinda see now why grass fed animals are better. There's a whole list of reasons why we should eat grass fed meat. Anyway, my feed mix up was all the cause of some miscommunication. So I had to return the corn we did not need and retrieve the right kind. I also sold the two little boy goats. It was really heart breaking. I stood there after they were gone and watch their mom bleet for her boys staring out into the pasture. She was calling them home. She just stared at me, as if asking me to go get them. But this is part of the job. Have to pull up the boot straps.
I went to a new church today. Acts Christian Fellowship. (www.acfwaco.com -that's for you sally. I know how you like to read mission statements.) I had a hard time finding the place because it was tucked away in an industrialized run down part of Waco. It was recommended I go here because it was smaller then Antioch and more free flowing in the holy spirit. I walked in and I could already feel the excitement. It was awesome. It was a warehouse type room with a lower ceiling. There were people from all walks of life. They had the worship team up front and on each side of the stage area were canvases set up. Worship was super amazing. People were dancing and shouting. Felt like home for a moment. I have been having a hard time on the farm with the view of Christianity here. I've been struggling with my place here and frustrated with the lack and sometimes absence of focus on Jesus. While I was in worship I was reminded of the word given to me last week or Christ being wrapped around me, protecting me. Then these words just popped out of my mouth, "You are greater, Jesus. Jesus is greater." What a message to receive from the holy spirit. It was just dropped into my heart and I was renewed and set free again. I need to stop worrying so much because Jesus is greater. I need to stop thinking about how I'm saying or doing things or when I should speak up because Jesus is greater. I need not worry about someone opposing me in anything because Jesus is greater. And it's not that I need to DO anything. Simply place my faith in Christ. There's no counselor I can see, no list of things I can do, no goals I can achieve that would give me victory, only that which is through Jesus Christ, because He is greater.
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them (them being, antichrist. Antichrist is defined in scripture as anything not from God, in the verse before this one. "Them" could also mean the world) because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of thruth and the spirit of falsehood." -1 John 4:4-6
After getting back from church, I just had a lazy day. Some of were sitting in the living room of the dorm when I was asked how church was. I said it was really awesome. I just said worship was a lot of fun and then someone bluntly asked if they speak in tongues there and I said yes. Then I was bluntly asked, well do you speak in tongues? I again said yes. Really? I said, yeah I do it every day! My friend was dumbfounded and very curious. "So you just do it in your room? How does that happen? What does it feel like? What do you have to do? Do you know what you're saying? Wait, people can interpret? How does that work?" And yes, they did all come out at once like that. I just said it's a filling of the holy spirit and it's the holy spirit interceding through you. If you don't know what to pray or are so overwhelmed by the spirit it usually just comes out of ya. It was hilarious and really awesome. One of the guys in the room asked what I thought of the sermon and I said I didn't care for it much. He immediately jumped on it, "why didn't you like it? what did you have a problem with?" I automatically said, "I won't get into it." Kid you not his reply was, "Oh come on! (whined like a child) I want to debate with you! I do this every day!" Bad news bears, that one is. He is always on the prowl for a debate to convert people to open theism. Seminary students...yikes. Cemetery students. (You can thank my mom for that joke.)

Anyway, check out the other baby goats. They are getting so big and they are little fatties. They are so entertaining and love to play. I'll be cooking tomorrow again and I'm not looking forward to it. Thanks to Sara, I shall be making something delicious! Thanks Sara! You're the best!
Off to bed I go!
Just in case some of you might be wanting my address... I don't know, for a number of reasons...
(My name)
World Hunger Relief, Inc
P.O. Box 639
Elm Mott, TX 76640
hfnfoweqkaiekwelND <----- That's me typing in tongues :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya girl! You're awesome. I have really enjoyed reading your blog tonight.
HAHAHA!!! Amey, that is hilarious!!! Love it! You should come to devos next week or I could print off extra sheets for you. I'm leading next week.
ReplyDelete