In the early hours of the morning these little bundles where delivered here on the farm. What a welcome gift from the goats! haha! I have fallen in love with these 3 little ones and I have been by their side all day and I'm about to go out again and do a night feeding. They are having some trouble getting milk because the mom's udders hang low to the ground. Anyway, 2 girls and a boy. I love hearing their little voice when I walk to the pen. A lot has happened in the past 2 days. I had my first milking experience. It is a difficult task and I tell ya, takes a lot of forearm strength! It was fun though and the milk is so tasty! Yes, I drank fresh warm goats milk! Tasted so so so good! Today I was greeted with these new bundles so I have been working on pasteurizing some milk because kidding season has begun and I need that milk to give to baby kids who we don't want milking from their mom. If the mom's is sick or has various diseases, we don't want her giving it to the kids through her milk. It's so exciting to see new life. I have another momma goat getting to kid any day now. Well, Jess is calling me to bottle feed! See ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment