This afternoon I went back to kytonga village for the Wednesday prayer meeting. I went with Keeky, Julius and Trish, a missionary visitor with us from Zambia for 2 weeks. We got there and Philip was discussing with the others that they had all witnessed to some people from the village and they said they would come but were not arriving. So we prayed all together for some things and then prayed for those people in the village. Philip said, ok now let’s go meet them where they are. So we left the church building and headed to the camp. I love that Philip was not discouraged by their absence but rather said, I will go to them then and pray for them so they can fellowship with us. So we went into the camp. Me, Julius, Trish, (Keeky had to go back to SHIM), Philip, Olivia, and Rose headed into the village. We first entered a house with a woman who had a one week old boy so she couldn’t make it up to the church. We prayed with her. Then we prayed for 3 more expecting moms in the group. The next house was the family with the boy that runs from the house every night because he is fearful. I posted about this in an earlier blog. Florence is the mom and she is born again and her husband is not. She raises her children in the ways of the Lord but of course there is the conflict with the husband. We prayed for her son Emmanuel, Emma for short and we prayed also for her husband to come to know Jesus. The next house we went to was a woman who is a born again and her husband is professed Catholic and even then he just puts a label on himself and doesn’t do anything in that faith. He doesn’t allow his family to go to church, worship or pray in the house. We encouraged her that she can still pray in her heart. She can be a representation of Christ by being gentle and just living her faith. Then we prayed for another woman who has 2 daughters and wants a son for her husband. He isn’t a believer and now she has been having trouble even conceiving another child. All of their family is saying she is now cursed because she can’t produce a son. We prayed that the husband would come to know Jesus and that if that means answer her prayers for a son to do it then so be it. As we were walking to the next house an old man sitting by the shore stood up and started yelling towards us and Julius was laughing. Then the determined old man came straight towards who? Well, ME of course! Haha. He came right at me and said Madame! Of course everything he said after that was in luganda so I couldn’t understand. I thought, oh boy can’t wait to hear what this extremely drunk old man has to say. The Lord totally used that drunk old man to speak to my heart. Julius then interpreted for me, “Preach the gospel! Please preach the TRUE gospel to my people. Preach the gospel to the people of my village but preach the true gospel. I have seen those believers who profess Jesus in the light and at night go to the witch doctor. For my God and my country preach the gospel here!” What?! Did a drunk old man just say that! And why would he single me out!? And it wasn’t because I was white, there was another white person there. How crazy is that? Then we came to the another house, this time of a husband and wife that were both believers. They asked for prayers because he needed a job and they were being attacked at night by something evil and it has been happening for a year. Trish spoke encouragement to them about having trials but keeping our faith in Jesus. I felt a tug on my heart to share a testimony with them. I talked about how the Lord gave me what I needed to make the trip to Uganda when I should have stayed in the States and found a job. I came to this country with no job and no hopes of finding one for when I return. Then I shared how I had almost died of malaria 6 years ago and that if God saved me then why was I worried about simply having a job. So then the other week I had talked to my parents and have a possible job lined up on a farm. The Lord is faithful and He has a plan and He is working. Then Philip said that reminded him of a verse about not worrying and I pulled it up, Matthew 6:33-34. Seek first His kingdom! I sought after Christ and He took care of everything else for me. We prayed for the couple and started for home. Then we were pulled into another house by a woman. She is pregnant and has lost every child she carried. She lost twins last year. She lost her mother and her other husband. Her husband was killed by a crocodile in the lake when he was fishing. She has a spirit that comes to her and tells her to go into the lake so she can die. Trish spoke with her and I gave her Psalm 91. We prayed for her and you could tell she was so distraught and afraid of what would happen to the child she is expecting. I left there feeling so sad for her but hopeful that God is in control and will care for her. What an experience. But I am sad that almost all of the adults we prayed for or fellowshipped with can’t read so they can’t even read the bible. It saddens me that they can’t read these words. I told them even if you have to get together once a day and have someone read from the bible, DO IT! Listen to these words because they might have been written a long time ago, they are still for you today. I can’t wait to go back next week and be with those people there and Philip promised me next week we would sing and praise the Lord. Haha. Lovin’ this.
No comments:
Post a Comment